pages

Saturday 9 January 2021

About

Has anyone any ideas for teaching [insert content here]?  
How can I support struggling / ESL / high-achieving students? 
How can I motivate my students? What behavior strategies actually work? 

On this site, I’ll answer these and more. I spend a ton of time designing the resources I use in my classroom. Save yourself precious hours – if you are a subscribed member of this site, you can access exclusive freebies in our Members section. Apart from this, I also upload resources to my store. If you have time to create your own resources, more power to you! If you are working flat-out and don’t have another hour to spare reinventing the wheel, our member library and store are open 24-7. For ideas and inspiration, browse or search the blog. 
As for me, I am over-excited about everything to do with education and I absolutely LOVE being in the classroom. It hasn’t always been this way. I’ve lost my mojo…more than once, but I found it again by applying the strategies I share with you. 
I started in the TEFL world which means I’ve taught ages 3-70ish, but my focus and training have been on middle and high school English Language Arts, ICT and Humanities for over a decade now. Along the way, I’ve become a Google Trainer, conference presenter, and lifelong learner. I’m an advocate for student creativity, autonomy, personalization and – ultimately – deep learning. I believe in student voice and choice, as well as authentic learning (especially PBL). Empowered and engaged learners make life enjoyable for us all. 
I have 3 energetic, challenging, hilarious and mischievous kids with bags of character. This means I know first-hand what it is to have a lot on my plate and try to find balance. 
Thanks for joining me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Has anyone any ideas for teaching [insert content here]?   How can I support struggling / ESL / high-achieving students?  How can I motivate...